Manufacturing Engineering Division
Manufacturing Engineering Division (MED) is concerned with the knowledge base of manufacturing sciences and technology and its applications for improved production performance.
MSEC Call for PapersThe Manufacturing Engineering Division (MED) of ASME and the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of SME are pleased to co-sponsor the 2023 International Manufacturing Science & Engineering Conference (MSEC) and the 51st North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC). The co-located conferences will be hosted by Rutgers University College of Engineering on June 12-June 16th, 2023, in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. We anticipate having an in-person conference, just as in 2022.
Symposia reseach papers are being solicited for MSEC 2023. Download the flyer for a list of symposia.
MSEC 2023 invites all high-quality advanced manufacturing research papers, even if they may not directly fit into one of these symposia. We ask authors to find the closest related symposium to place papers into. Technical Chairs and the Symposium Organizers will coordinate review of these submitted papers.
IMECE® - International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition®
Greater Columbus Convention Center
October 30 – November 3, 2022
Advanced Manufacturing Track
NAMRC 51 | MSEC 2023 | LEM&P 2023
New Brunswick, New Jersey
June 12 -16, 2023
Past Events:Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference (MSEC)
June 27, 2022 - July 1, 2022
College of Engineering
West Lafayette, Indiana
Hosted by Purdue University
Virtual MSEC 2021, June 21-25
Hosted by the University of Cincinnati
NSF Industry-Academia Collaboration in Advanced Manufacturing Workshop
June 22, 2020, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
MSEC 2019: Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College,
June 10 – June 14, 2019
Honors & Awards
Recognition of outstanding achievement in engineering is one of the major objectives of ASME International. Through its programs of honors and awards, ASME recognizes outstanding contributions to the art and science of engineering. These programs provide the opportunity for personalized presentations to honor recipients which dramatize to the public the achievements of the engineers, and they identify ASME with excellence in engineering.
Society Level Awards
- Blackall Machine Tool and Gage Award
- M. Eugene Merchant Manufacturing Medal of ASME/SME
- William T. Ennor Manufacturing Technology Award
- Milton C. Shaw Manufacturing Research Medal
Division Level Awards
- Best Organizer of Symposium & Sessions Award (BOSS Award)
- Best Paper Award
- Kornel F. Ehmann Manufacturing Medal
- Outstanding Service Award
- Student Manufacturing Design Competition Award
- Chao and Trigger Young Manufacturing Researcher Award
Chair | July 2022 - June 2023
Vice Chair | July 2022 - June 2023
Past Chair | July 2022 - June 2023
Program Chair | July 2022 - June 2023
Treasurer | July 2022 - June 2023
Secretary | July 2022 - June 2023
Communications | July 2022 - June 2023
Links to helpful online resources related to the division are below. If you have suggestions for other resources, please contact the division chair or ASME staff.
- ASME Landmarks Program
Landmarks, sites and collections of historic importance to mechanical engineering are designated by ASME through its History and Heritage Landmarks Program.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI)
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
MED Technical Committees
ASME Manufacturing Engineering Technical Committees
- Quality and Reliability Technical Committee
- Manufacturing Systems Technical Committee
- Manufacturing Processes Technical Committee
- Manufacturing Equipment and Automation Technical Committee
- Life Cycle Engineering Technical Committee
- Biomanufacturing Technical Committee
- Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Nano/Micro/Meso Manufacturing Technical Committee