Length: 43 days
This online, instructor-supported course teaches you how project management will improve your project outcomes on all fronts, and allow you to manage your many other responsibilities at the same time. Some benefits of this course include identifying the project management skills that you do have and the ones that you need to enhance; learn how to use step-by-step process to plan, implement and evaluate each project; develop strategies for making other people "able" and communicating with them on their progress; and how to steer a project around lack of resources, wrong direction, and office politics.
You will learn to
- Apply several skills to facilitate the success of a project, on which you are currently working
- Describe the project life-cycle
- Provide effective feedback to others and improve your listening skills
- Integrate what you have learned into an effective process
- Develop and implement the strategy and plan
- Explain how to set performance standards
Click HERE to review the course outline
Who should attend
This course is designed for all Mechanical Engineers who are currently managing projects (ones you handle on your own and/or ones that involve other people) but had no formal project management training. All levels of MEs will benefit as project management is about getting a project to successful completion - something we all have to do whether formally managing people or not.
To take this course you should have a personal computer, Web browser, Internet connection, and software to display PDF files (such as Adobe Reader®).