Length: 1 days
Enroll now to save 37%
Schedule: This course commences at 9:30 AM and ends at 1:30 PM Eastern each day.
This course provides information and instruction on the design, analysis, and qualification of nuclear power plant piping systems that are consistent with the ASME BPV Code, Section III, Division 1, Subsections NB/NC/ND, as well as the parallel requirements of ASME B31.1 for nuclear power plants. The methods and criteria described throughout the course, apply to new systems, as well as modifications or repairs to existing systems.
The course also addresses the integrity assessment of degraded nuclear piping systems (wall thinning and crack damage) using the methods and criteria of ASME BPV Code, XI, operability assessment per NRC Inspection Manual, and piping repairs per ASME BPV Code, XI and ASME PCC-2.
The course covers (a) the code and regulatory requirements, (b) the technical and historical basis of the requirements, and (c) best industry practices for the correct and cost-effective design, analysis, and integrity assessment of nuclear piping systems.
You Will Learn To
- Describe Class 1, Class 2/3, and B31.1 nuclear piping design requirements
- Explain the differences between Class 1, Class 2/3, and B31.1 Piping Systems
- Describe the NRC regulatory requirements related to ASME III and B31.1 Piping Systems
- Evaluate normal operating loads (pressure, weight, thermal expansion)
- Evaluate postulated design loads (seismic, waterhammer, vibration, pipe break, etc.)
- Determine how to make the correct and cost-effective decisions in the design and modification of nuclear piping
- Evaluate corroded (wall-thinning) nuclear piping
- Evaluate crack-like flaws in nuclear piping
- Assess operability of piping systems for abnormal conditions
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for engineers involved in the design, analysis, qualification, troubleshooting and operability determination of ASME BPV Code, Safety Class 1, 2 & 3 piping systems, and ASME B31.1 for nuclear power plants.
Course Materials (included in the price of the course)
Downloadable course notes via ASME’s Learning Platform for 90 days
Access to a digital copy of ASME PCC-2 Repair of Pressure Equipmentand Piping Standard during the course
Learn more about ASME's virtual classroom!
Buying for a team? Get ASME Corporate Training.
Set up a customized session of this course for your workforce. Contact email@example.com to learn more about group rates.