Length: 43 days
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of various codes and standards, regarding inspection, repairs and alterations of pressure equipment, and in particular, pressure vessels. The requirements of the National Board Inspection Code and the API-510 are covered in detail. A brief introduction to API-579, Fitness-for-Service is presented, and simple flaw evaluation procedures are evaluated. Additionally, the activities of ASME’s Post Construction Committee will be explained and documents published by this Committee are discussed.
The instructor recommends that students obtain a copy of the National Board Inspection Code (you may purchase it directly from the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors website: www.nationalboard.org).
You Will Learn To
- Describe the latest developments in the rapidly advancing field of pressure equipment inspection and repairs
- Identify the work being performed by API, ASME, and PVRC in the related areas.
- Identify the post-construction Codes and Standards and the interrelation of various documents
- Explain the responsibilities of the users, manufacturers, repair organizations, regulatory agencies and authorized inspectors
- Explain how to obtain a National Board stamp
- Identify detailed requirements of the NBIC
- Explain the differences between the NBIC and API-510
- Identify and provide examples of repairs, alterations and the documentation requirements for each
- Describe introductory portions of the ASME post-construction standards
- Provide examples demonstrating the application of the rules
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Engineers and technical professionals including users, manufacturers, repair organizations, inspection agencies and other organizations involved with maintenance and repair of pressure equipment. This course is intended for beginners, as well as experienced personnel wishing to update their knowledge.
To take this course you should have a personal computer, Web browser, Internet connection, and software to display PDF files (such as Adobe Reader).
Also available as 2-day Public Course PD441 with the instructor.