This course is also available On Demand.
This course provides an introduction to the ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code. It covers the requirements of B31.3 for design, analysis, materials, fabrication, testing and inspection of process piping systems. It explores the rules for various components including fittings, connections, bends, valves and specialty components. Other topics include dimensions and ratings of components, fluid service requirements for joints, piping flexibility and support, welding, heat treatment, bending and forming, brazing and soldering, assembly, erection, examination and inspection.
By participating in this course, you will learn how to successfully:
- Identify the responsibilities of personnel involved in the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection, and testing of process piping
- Describe the scope and technical requirements of the ASME B31.3 Code
- Apply and implement the quality requirements that are defined in the ASME B31.3 Code
Course Materials (Included in the price of the course)
- Downloadable course notes from ASME’s Learning Hub
- Digital Access to the ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code for the duration of the course
Each student must bring his or her own calculator.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for engineers, managers and quality personnel who are involved in the design, manufacturing, fabrication and examination of process piping that is being built to the requirements of U.S. Codes & Standards.
This ASME Virtual Classroom course is held live with an instructor on our online learning platform. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to registrants who successfully attend and complete the course.