Length: 6 days
Enroll now to save 31%
Course Schedule: This course is offered over the following four-day sessions, commencing at 9:30 AM and ending at 1:30 PM Eastern, each day, with breaks scheduled throughout:
- September 16 - 17 and 20 - 21, 2021
- December 9 - 10 and 13 - 14, 2021
- March 17 - 18 and March 21 - 22, 2022
- June 16 - 17 and June 20 - 21, 2022
This course is a comprehensive overview of Section III, Division 1, including interfaces with Sections II, V, IX, XI, and NQA-1. The course explains how Section III is implemented by the US NRC in its regulations, and regulatory guidance. The course also explains the Section III requirements and processes, including the requirements for design, determination of safety classification for components, quality assurance, third-party oversight by the Authorized Inspection Agency, and the duties and responsibilities of N, NA, NV and NPT certificate holders.
Students are presented with an overview of the technical bases for Section III, Class 1, design-by-analysis, the ASME Accreditation process, the requirements for the Authorized Inspection Agency, the duties and responsibilities of the Authorized Nuclear Inspector, and the Quality Assurance Program requirements for Material Organizations and ASME Certificate Holders. The course explains the Section III process for Code Cases and Code Inquiries.
Participants have digital access to ASME B&PVC, Section III, Subsection NCA, during the course and a downloadable version of the course presentation.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe the scope and requirements of Section III
- Describe how Section III is used by the USNRC
- Describe the differences in requirements between Class 1, 2 and 3 components
- Describe the Scope and Requirements of Sections II, V, IX, XI and NQA-1 and how they interface with Section III
- Explain the purpose of Code Cases and Code Interpretations and their use by the USNRC
- Describe the purpose of Code Data Reports
- Describe the third-party oversight functions performed by Authorized Inspection Agencies and the role of the Authorized Nuclear Inspector
- Describe the Quality Assurance Program required for Material Organizations and the Quality Assurance Program required for Certificate holders
- Explain the significance of the ASME Certification Mark
- Describe the ASME Accreditation Process, and duties and responsibilities for N, NA, NPT Certificate Holders
- Describe new initiatives being considered by the Section III Standards Committee
- Describe future global trends for nuclear generation of electric power
Who Should Attend
Entry level and experienced engineers and personnel employed by suppliers of nuclear systems and components, and operating nuclear power generation facilities that wish to gain a more in-depth understanding of Section III and how it is applied in the design and construction of components for nuclear power generation facilities.
This ASME Virtual Classroom course is held live with an instructor on our online learning platform. Certificate of completion will be issued to registrants who successfully attend and complete the course.
Buying for a team? Get ASME Corporate Training.
Set up a customized session of this course for your workforce. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about group rates.