Length: 5 days
Enroll now to save 37%
Save up to $95 when you register for the B31.3 combo course.
Course Schedule: This course commences at 9:30 AM and ends at 3:30 PM Eastern each day, with breaks scheduled throughout.
This fundamental course trains participants to comply with the requirements of ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code. This course features a deep overview of the code, including the operations, scope, and criteria to ensure attendees can interpret and apply B31.3 effectively. Topics are enhanced by in-class problem solving, directly applying the rules and equations of the B31.3 Code for specific design and operating conditions to illustrate correct applications.
The key objective of this course is to examine how various stakeholders employ the B31.3 Code requirements to effectively design piping systems and prevent piping system failures.
By participating in this course, you will learn how to successfully:
- Identify what issues to take into consideration when designing process piping.
- Explain the pressure design of piping and piping components.
- Analyze piping flexibility and gauge the limitations of piping and piping components.
- Identify pipe supports, leak testing, piping failures and their causes.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for process piping engineering professionals and employees of related governing entities, including engineers, designers, owners, manufacturers, QA/QC personnel, technicians, inspectors, and maintenance personnel who need an understanding of the requirements for compliance and the trends of Code changes for piping design and analysis, fabrication, examination, and testing. Participants are recommended to have at least 2 years’ experience with piping or pressure vessels.
Supplemental Course Materials (not included with course, purchase separately)
- Please bring a calculator to each day of class.
Course Materials (included in purchase of course):
- Digital course notes via ASME’s Learning Platform for 90 days
- Access to digital copies of ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code and ASME B31J - Stress Intensification Factors (i-Factors), Flexibility Factors (k-Factors), and Their Determination for Metallic Piping Components (current editions) for the duration of the course.
Topics covered include:
- History of Piping Codes
- ASME B31.3 Operations and Scope
- Piping Failure Modes
- Piping Design Conditions
- Piping Design Criteria
- Design of Straight Pipe
- Design of Piping Components
- Guarding Against Piping Collapse
- Providing Adequate Piping Flexibility
- Stress intensification Factors
- Simplified Piping Analysis and Layout
- Pipe Support Design
- Requirements for Specific Piping Systems
- Piping Data
This ASME Virtual Classroom course is held live with an instructor on our online learning platform.
Certificate of completion will be issued to registrants who successfully attend and complete the course.
Buying for a team? Get ASME Corporate Training.
Set up a customized session of this course for your workforce. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about group rates.