Enroll now to save 31% and get 2 free eLearning courses
Take the Practical Piping Design and Essentials - B31.3 Process Piping Code eLearning courses free of charge before your session of the ASME B31.3 and B31.1 Practical Piping Design for Process and Power Applications Virtual Classroom.
To access your free eLearning courses, complete your registration for the ASME B31.3 and B31.1 Practical Piping Design for Process and Power Applications Virtual Classroom, then contact ASME's Customer Care team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (800) 843-2763 with your order information.
Course Schedule: This course is offered over the following six-day sessions, commencing at 9:30 AM and ending at 2:30 PM Eastern, each day, with breaks scheduled throughout:
- January 18 – 20 and 25 – 27, 2022
- March 7 - 9 and 14 - 16, 2022
- June 20 - 22 and 27 - 29, 2022
Are you qualified as an inspector or a supervisor? As an Engineer, Designer or Contractor do you aspire to have a stronger understanding of the relationship between the fabrication and manufacture compared to the design and construction of pipes? Are you a piping engineer who wants to compare and contrast the similarities and differences between Process and Power Piping codes?
This course introduces the ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code. It covers the requirements of B31.3 for design, analysis, materials, fabrication, testing, and inspection of process piping systems. Since these requirements are similar to that of ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code, it notes significant and subtle differences between the two Codes. While the Codes are different, it boils down to good piping design. The course explores the rules for various components which includes fittings, connections, bends, valves, and specialty components. Other topics include dimensions and ratings of components, fluid service requirement for joints, piping flexibility and support, welding, heat treatment, bending and forming, brazing, and soldering, assembly, erection, examination, and inspection.
By participating in this course, you will learn how to successfully:
- Identify the responsibilities of personnel involved in the design, fabrication, assembly, erection, examination, inspection, and testing of process and/or power piping
- Describe the scope and technical requirements of the ASME B31.3 Code as well as differences in ASME B31.1.
- Apply and implement the quality requirements that are defined in the ASME B31.3 and B31.1 Code.
- Explain the principal failure modes of piping components and where to look for them
- Describe the layout and simplified and formal analysis techniques
Who should attend?
- This course is designed for engineers, managers and quality personnel who are involved in the design, manufacturing, fabrication, and examination of process piping that is being built to the requirements of U.S. Codes & Standards.
- Engineers entering the piping design and analysis field
- Practicing piping engineers requiring background on Code compliance and trends in piping design, analysis, and fabrication
- QA/QC personnel
- Piping Designers involved in the design, layout, of pressure piping systems.
Each student must have a calculator.
Course Materials (included in the purchase of course)
Downloadable course notes via ASME’s Learning Platform
This ASME Virtual Classroom course is held live with an instructor on our online learning platform. A certificate of completion will be issued to registrants who successfully attend and complete the course.
Buying for a team? Get ASME Corporate Training.
Set up a customized session of this course for your workforce. Contact email@example.com to learn more about group rates.