ASME Referral Drive - Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations for the ASME Referral Drive:
- The drive is open to all ASME Professional and Student Members. Members who are past due on their membership renewal dues will not receive prizes or be eligible for Grand Prizes until their renewal dues payment has been received. Employees of ASME and members of their immediate families and households are not eligible to participate.
- To receive credit for each new member who joins, referrers must include their name and email address in the upper right hand corner of the writable PDF forms available to download from this site – and referees must use a Referral Drive PDF form to join. Referrers are advised to keep a list with the name, email address and country of your referees for your records.
- All prize value amounts are quoted in US Dollars (USD).
- A new member is officially credited to the referrer when the candidate is accepted for membership and dues have been received.
- All applications must be completed by September 30, 2021 to be counted towards the current ASME Referral Drive.
- For the first new member that joins, and for each new member thereafter, the referring member will be eligible to receive a special prize.
- ASME Referral Drive awards are not redeemable for cash and will expire as follows:
- Free Gift: the opportunity to select an ASME logo gift as a reward expires on October 31, 2021, one month after the completion of the drive.
- With the exception of certain ASME Referral Drive Grand Prize winners, the maximum amount a referrer can earn during the membership drive is the equivalent of $500 USD
- All successful ASME recruiters are eligible to receive prizes with the following important exceptions:
- ASME professional members may refer candidates for student membership, but will not receive recruiting prizes or Grand Prize eligibility for student member recruitment.
- Student members may refer candidates for Freshman-first-year-free student membership, but are not eligible to receive a prize or Grand Prize eligibility for Freshman-first-year-free student recruitments.
- Member referrers who are past due on their membership renewal dues will not receive prizes or be eligible for Grand Prizes until their renewal dues payment has been received.
- ASME student members may refer candidates for professional membership, and can receive a prize and Grand Prize eligibility for those successful recruitments.
- Upon completion of the drive, the top two recruiters will be eligible to receive Top-Recruiter First and Second Place Grand Prizes respectively. In addition, all successful recruiters will be eligible for inclusion in two All-Recruiter Random Drawings with each recruited member equaling one chance for the recruiter to win one of the two All-Recruiter Grand Prizes.
- Successful recruiters are limited to one Grand Prize each per drive. In the event a Top-Recruiter is also selected as an All-Recruiter Grand Prize Random Drawing winner, that prize will be forfeited and another eligible recruiter will be randomly chosen.
- ASME Referral Drive referees will be offered a First Year Special Introductory Offer to join ASME.
- Upon the completion of the drive, all referees who have joined during the course of the drive will be eligible for a referee-only ASME Referral Drive-Joiner First or Second Grand Prize Random Drawing, where each referee who has joined ASME during the course of the drive will have one chance to win.
- Grand Prize selections which require service contracts or any other additional charges are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- In order to receive fulfillment of their Grand Prize, winners in the US must provide the necessary information so that ASME can provide them with a Form 1099 as needed. Grand Prize winners residing outside the US who wish to claim a tax exemption must submit Form W-8BEN. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Contest rules and prizes are subject to change without notice. By entering the ASME Referral Drive, participants agree that ASME's decisions are final and not open to challenge.
- All US and non-US international, national, federal, state, and local laws apply. Awards are subject to federal laws and certain countries are not eligible. Void where prohibited. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by ASME, who reserves the right to award a prize/Grand Prize of comparable value if advertised prize/Grand Prize is unavailable. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for ASME to use the winner's name for promotional purposes (i.e. recognition) without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless ASME, its affiliates, directors, officers, prize suppliers, employees and agents, from any injuries, loss, damage or liability of any kind arising from or in connection with this drive or acceptance or use of any prize or Grand Prize won.
For Your Information