New Report Highlights Artificial Intelligence and COVID-19
The report is separated into three sections:
- A survey of the different AI applications used or suggested in the fight against COVID-19 and a classification of those applications according to their field of use.
- A survey of the existing ethical frameworks relevant to medical AI-based applications and the overarching human rights principles relevant to the pandemic.
- AI applications that raise significant ethical and human rights concerns, especially those with large and disproportionate impacts on marginalized and vulnerable populations.
- Technical aspects of the applications addressed, specifically with regard to the algorithms and the data used to develop them.
- Societal context in which the applications are developed and used.
- Specific human rights and ethical issues raised by the applications.
“The findings are intended to help raise awareness among populations impacted by the application of AI-based technologies in the current pandemic and in the future, to inform policy makers and health professionals who determine whether and how these tools are deployed during the current pandemic, during future public health crises, and in general, and to broaden the scope of understanding among developers and researchers in the AI community of the implications of the use of these AI-based technologies.”
To read the full report visit: https://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/2021-05/AIandCOVID19_2021_FINAL.pdf?utm_source=STAT+Newsletters&utm_campaign=1c74fa12cf-health_tech_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cab1d7961-1c74fa12cf-151976733.