DOT PHMSA Announces Over $97 Million in Awards to Enhance Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety
Aug 31, 2020
46 states will receive a piece of $61 million in Pipeline State Base Formula Grants that support participation in the federal-state base pipeline safety program, as well as $20 million in Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) grants to all 50 states. Other grant awards include:
Pipeline Safety Grants
• $5.4 million in Underground Natural Gas Storage grants
• $2 million in Competitive Academic Agreement Program awards
• $1.25 million in State Damage Prevention Program grants
• $1.2 million in Technical Assistance grants
• $1.05 million in One Call grants
Hazardous Materials Safety Grants
• $3.4 million in Hazardous Materials Instructor Training grants
• $941,000 in Supplemental Public Sector Training grants
• $750,000 in Community Safety grants
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s mission is to protect people and the environment by advancing the safe transportation of energy and other hazardous materials that are essential to our daily lives.
Click here for additional grant information and a detailed listing of states, territories, tribes, and organizations receiving the grants listed above.