GDTP Certification Process/ Apply Now
- The GDTP – 1994 Technologist level - measures an individual’s ability to understand (“read”) drawings that have been prepared using the language of GD&T, as defined in the Y14.5M – 1994 Standard.
- The GDTP – 1994 Senior level - measures an individual’s ability to select and apply (“write”) geometric controls to drawings as defined in the Y14.5M – 1994 Standard.
- The GDTP – 2009 Technologist level - measures an individual’s ability to understand (“read”) drawings that have been prepared using the language of GD&T as defined in the Y14.5–2009 Standard.
- The GDTP – 2009 Senior level - measures an individual’s ability to select and apply (“write”) geometric controls to drawings as defined in the Y14.5 – 2009 Standard.
|Certification Name||Product Code||Price|
|GDTP – 1994 Technologist level||GDTPTP||$520||Purchase|
|GDTP – 2009 Technologist level||GDTPT09P||$520||Purchase|
|GDTP – 1994 Senior level||GDTPP||$623||Purchase|
|GDTP – 2009 Senior level||GDTP09P||$623||Purchase|
Other payment options
If you are not paying by credit card, please see other payment options.
Please note that these payment formats require more processing time.
Phone ASME Customer Care, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM ET:
- 1.800.843.2763 (U.S./Canada, toll free)
- 001.800.843.2763 (Mexico, toll free)
- 1.646.616.3100 (outside North America)
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Applicant contact information (name, title, organization, mailing address, email, phone)
- Credit card information.
- Preferred GDTP certification:
Step 1: Provide Payment
Check/Money Order – Follow the instructions on the form to submit one or more applicants using a check or money order. You will need each applicant’s physical mailing address, as well as their email address.
Purchase Order – A purchase order (PO) may be used to submit four or more applicants. The PO must be from a Canadian or U.S. client and be for 4 or more applicants. If you are submitting 10 or more applicants, there is a 10% discount applied. Please follow the instructions on the form to submit your applicants and purchase order. You will need to provide each applicant's mailing address and email address.
If you are currently a certificate holder or wish to check on your application please log in to ASME-PC Connect.
Note: Before you purchase your certification on-line and create an account, review the three options below to see which option applies to you:
1. You may already have an account: If you’ve ever completed an ASME certification, been on an ASME Committee, taken ASME courses or attended workshops, chances are you’re already in our system, even in this is your first time seeing this screen. Please use the Forgot Password option before creating a new account.
2. You are unsure whether you already have an account: Please email: email@example.com to confirm your account details and get your user name and password or call: 1.800.843.2763 (U.S./Canada, toll free); 001.843.2763 (Mexico, toll free); 1.646.616.3100 (outside North America)
3. This is your first time using any ASME system: If so, please create a new account per the sign-on screen.
Step 2: Receive purchase confirmation / Submit your application
Within 24 hours of making your GDTP purchase, you will receive a confirmation by email. This email will contain instructions for accessing ASME-PC Connect, ASME’s online system to submit your application. Please refer to the ASME-PC Connect User’s Guide for in-depth guidance on submitting an online application.
Step 3: Receive scheduling instructions / Schedule your exam
Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your exam at a conveniently-located Prometric Testing Center.
ASME will notify you of your test results. If your test was successful, you will be mailed a certificate and your name will be entered on the certificate holder's listing on ASME-PC Connect. If your test was not successful, you will be provided with instructions for retest.
Step 4: Recertify
Your certification is valid for three (3) years. The recertification/renewal process will be managed through ASME-PC Connect, allowing you to continue to enjoy the benefits of being certified. Certificate holders who meet the recertification requirements will receive instructions on how to maintain their certification without having to retest.
Please contact ASME’s Customer Care for questions: 1.800.843.2763 (U.S./Canada, toll free); 001.843.2763 (Mexico, toll free); 1.646.616.3100 (outside North America)