A scholarship is considered by ASME to be a grant made to a student to enable or assist the student in pursuing an educational program in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarships. The application is open this year from December 3 - March 3 for scholarships funding the following academic year.
You Should Know...
- The online Scholarship Application is now closed for the 2018-19 academic year scholarships. Please return to this website between December and March to apply for scholarships for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Please click on the “How to Apply” link on the left for instructions and access to the online application.
- An ASME student membership is required to login to the online application system. Join ASME or Renew your membership.
- Applicants must be accepted and enrolled full-time in an ABET accredited school for the entire following academic year (starting in the fall). Check for your college or university.
- ASME Scholarships have only one application to complete for all scholarships in this group. Students must apply again each year.
ASME Scholarship Program Goals
Expand the engineering workforce pipeline consistent with ASME’s objectives
Encourage continuing participation and leadership in ASME
Enable outstanding mechanical engineering students in financial difficulty to graduate.
Support the education for students whose application shows potential for that student to contribute to the advancement of the art, science and practice of ME and MET or closely related engineering fields