ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology)
ASME is a founding and participating body of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.
What is ABET Accreditation?
- ABET accreditation is assurance that a college or university program meets the quality standards established by the profession for which it prepares its students. For example, an accredited engineering program must meet the quality standards set by the engineering profession.
- ABET accredits postsecondary degree-granting programs housed within regionally accredited institutions. ABET accredits programs only, not degrees, departments, colleges, or institutions.
ASME’s Role in ABET Accreditation:
- ASME has lead responsibility for over 425 undergraduate degree programs at universities, colleges, and community colleges throughout the U.S., including:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Drafting/Design Engineering Technology