Early Career Engineers are the cornerstone of our future workforce, and ASME strives to provide mechanical engineering graduates with opportunities and tools to help support their transition from school to work. ASME offers numerous programs and events to help early career engineers develop transferrable leadership skills for career advancement, and understand the importance of continued and early engagement with ASME and other engineers to maximize innovation, connections, and success.
- Get connected to local professional sections (comprised of mechanical engineers at various stages of their careers)
- Get connected to technical divisions to interact with other ASME members who share your technical interests
- Stay connected to your College or University as an ASME mentor and connect your college to ASME resources, competitions, and funding
- Join a global digital community of ASME early career members across various social channels
- Access to the ASME Career Center
- Career Development Webinar Series exclusive for MEs
- Find a Mechanical Engineering Mentor
- Special tiered professional membership dues for 0-4 years post gradation
- Access to ASME FutureME
- Access to ABCD Series
- Access to ASME Transition BLOG Series
Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
Volunteering provides an opportunity to engage peer-to-peer with seasoned engineers from diverse backgrounds across the world, and develop transferrable skills that can lead to personal and professional leadership roles.
- Register your interest to volunteer to join an ECE Programming Committee Teams
- The ASME ECLIPSE Internship program provides exclusive access to learning and networking with highly visible leaders within ASME.
The Volunteer Orientation and Leadership Training (VOLT) Academy is devoted to the development of ASME’s volunteer leadership; programmatic offerings extend to volunteers serving throughout the Society at all levels.
Our vision is for ASME to be highly valued for a culture of developing leaders; our mission is to develop forward-thinking leaders who are effective in technology management, critical thinking, communication, and business acumen, so as to further ASME’s goals. Visit VOLT’s leadership training and orientation events page to learn more about upcoming volunteering training opportunities.
Recognition & Awards
- Achieve recognition through the Old Guard Early Career Award
ME Today Newsletter
ME Today is publication for early career engineers, providing timely and relevant information about advancing your career, professional awareness, and understanding the practice and business of engineering. Features include Strategic Issues and Trends, Industry & Management Perspectives, Emerging Technologies, Engineer Spotlights and Collegiate News.