The ASME Referral Drive • Everybody Wins!
Help grow membership while supporting ASME's important work around the globe -
plus earn great prizes in the process!
Learn more and view the entire selection of exciting reward options.
New! ASME Achieve More Student Membership Video
Watch now in English or Spanish!
Build skills, make connections and engineer your future.
Join ASME's on-campus activities to build your skills, attend special events to network with professional engineers, and access hundreds of valuable resources to jumpstart your career!
As an ASME member, you can take advantage of extensive professional and student benefits, most of which are available at no additional cost or at a substantial discount.
Networking, skill-building and access to the best minds in engineering. Before you're even out of school.
ASME is a worldwide organization with over 130,000 members, including over 20,000 student members in more than 150 countries.
As an ASME student member, you gain skills and practical experience outside the classroom. Connect with professional engineers in your area of interest; get access to hundreds of key resources that will open doors when you start your professional career.
Most benefits are available online, so you can access information when you need it, anytime and anywhere. Here are some examples:
See additional information on ASME's Student Membership benefits below.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities while learning about exciting new techniques and trends.
- Gain free access to educational tools specifically designed for students.
- Communicate and collaborate with fellow ASME members in your area and
in your field of interest.
- Find essential content and interesting titles – from ASME Codes to heat
transfer problems. You can also receive discounts as a member on
ASME Student Member Benefits-at-a-Glance
Join Online Now, or by Phone or Fax
Renew Your ASME Membership
- ASME SmartBrief daily summaries of essential engineering news
- ASME WorkSmart with over 100 volumes, many with interactive tables & digitized graphs
- ME magazine subscription
- One free technical division membership
- Job board including jobs and internships
- Invitations to local student section meetings, events and activities
- Networking in-person and online
- Online member directory of mechanical engineers
- Student competitions
- Email alias @asme.org
- Group insurance at great rates
- Financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- plus much more!
Joining ASME is the Most Important Connection Every Mechanical Engineering Student Should Make
Valuable information with unlimited access
Gain fast access to comprehensive, constantly updated technical resources to inform and inspire your work.
ASME Job Board features jobs and internships
Find job postings and internship opportunities through the ASME Job Board.
Activities on campus offer exceptional access
ASME's college activities range in scope from international to campus specific. Visit ASME's events section or your school's website to see upcoming activities.
- Build your skills and expertise
- Network with engineers of every level
ASME Mentoring Program – get valuable advice from a mechanical engineering professional!
The ASME Mentoring Program is designed to provide rewarding experiences that Mechanical Engineering Students can learn and grow from. This is a unique opportunity for you to get insights from an engineering professional with broader experience or more advanced skills.
One-on-one advice to:
- Provide career-guiding insight
- Help solve engineering problems
- Expand your networking opportunities
Networking through ASME's many available communities
Explore your interests and network with your peers.
Student competitions test your expertise
ASME contests and competitions test your engineering expertise in a variety of fields. View a list of competitions and ideas.
- Compete against other students
- Learn important teamwork and presentation skills
- Add crucial extracurricular involvement to your resume
Financial aid & scholarships help student members fund their education
There are many ASME sponsored programs to help student members subsidize their education.
Discounts for students
Numerous discounts, perks and privileges, plus special discounts just for student members.
I am proud to be a Mechanical Engineer because we are the only engineers that are required to know a little bit about each of the other engineering disciplines.
– Kari L. Brown, M.S.,
ASME Student Member since 2009
We have the opportunity to cause good in this world in so many areas. We are continually learning and exploring
– Ismael Contreras,
ASME Student Member since 2009