The ASME Journal Program Honors its Reviewers of the Year for 2017
May 9, 2018
May 11, 2018
The ASME Journal Program recently introduced a new awards program to recognize the contributions of the peer-reviewers who provide the foundation of ASME journals by ensuring the quality of the papers that are published in the Society’s journals. Reviewers for 10 ASME journals have been honored with the inaugural Reviewers of the Year Award for papers that were published in 2017.
The Reviewer of the Year Award is available for each journal editor to bestow annually in recognition of outstanding contributions. The winners are selected based on the following criteria: the ability to provide insightful and constructive feedback to help authors improve their work; the ability to provide knowledgeable reviews that improve the quality of the research published in the journal; the ability to provide a quick response after accepting an invitation to review a paper; and the number of reviews provided in a volume year.
The selections for Reviewers of the Year for 2017 are:
- ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Part B: Mechanical Engineering: Michael D. Shields, Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University; and William Bussone, P.E., J.P. Research Inc.
- Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control: Sara Dadras, Ph.D., Utah State University; and Huazhen Fang, Ph.D., The University of Kansas
- Journal of Electronic Packaging: Zhimin Wan, Ph.D. Candidate, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Journal of Energy Resources Technology: Ramin Dabirian, Ph.D., The University of Tulsa; Sankar Bhattacharya, Ph.D., Monash University; and Weihong Yang, Ph.D., KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Journal of Heat Transfer: Antonio Barletta, Ph.D., Università di Bologna; and Milind Jog, Ph.D., University of Cincinnati
- Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering: Farbod Akhavan Niaki, Ph.D., Clemson University; and Xun Liu, Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Science: Dmitry Paramonov, Ph.D., JSC Atomenergoproekt; and Victor Hugo Sanchez, Ph.D., Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology: Michel J. Pettigrew, P.Eng., Canadian Nuclear Laboratories; and David Weaver, Ph.D., McMaster University
- Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications: Andrew Rees, Ph.D., University of Bath; and John C. Chai, Ph.D., University of Huddersfield
Each Reviewer of the Year Award winner receives a plaque as well as a free year of online access to the journal for which they are recognized.
To learn more about the ASME Journals Program Awards, visit https://www.asme.org/shop/journals/asme-journal-program-awards. For more information on ASME Journals, visit the ASME Digital Collection at http://asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/journals.aspx.