ASME's license agreement is a legal document protecting the rights of our customers and ASME. Every customer is required to sign a license agreement at the start of their site license. Additional publications, license period extensions, and policy changes may be added by addendum.
ASME's license agreement includes terms requested by libraries from the academic, corporate and government sectors. Agreements have been developed to protect the rights of our customers and to grant rights to use content in ways specific to an electronic resource and closest to traditional print usage.
License Agreement Glossary:
- Licensed material - content able to be accessed by the customer under the license agreement.
- Access details - the identified Institutional Administrator and targeted IP range.
- Supply period - the start and end dates of the site license access period.
- License fee - the total price for access to all licensed material for the supply period.
- Terms - the interpretation of the agreement, including usage rights and restrictions, terms and warranties, and customer services.
The contract must be signed by both the parties.
Download the current license agreement here.
Questions concerning this Agreement may be directed to ASME International Information Central:
Phone: 1-800-THE-ASME or 1-973-244-2239 or 1-973-244-2323 (outside The Americas)
Mail: 150 Clove Road, Little Falls, NJ 07424-2100
Single and Multi-Site Licensing
Download a copy of the current institutional license agreement.
Please note the following
Special Member Offer
A special Member-Only offer for 50 downloads from the Digital Collection is available. Take advantage of this Special Member Offer.
For Member Pricing please contact Customer Care at:
- Email: ASMEdigitalcollection@asme.org
- Phone: 1-800-THE-ASME or 1-646-616-3100 (outside The Americas)
- FAX: 1-973-882-1717
- Mail: 150 Clove Road, 6th Floor, Little Falls, NJ 07424-2139