Final Submission: Submitting a Revised Document
ASME Journals Digital Submission Tool Revised Submission
Submitting a Revised Document
Authors can submit revised versions in the following circumstances:
- Initial work has been submitted but not yet assigned to an Associate Editor (and begun the review process).
- Recommendation has been made for the work to be revised (review process completed).
- Work has been accepted for publication in an ASME journal (and has not yet begun production).
Authors will receive notification of recommendation and/or acceptance via e-mail. They can submit revised materials when so noted in the Options section of the Author Status Page. A revision should include all suggested changes and mandatory revisions. For information on writing and styling, or for additional details, please refer to the Guidelines for Initial Journal Submission.
If an author realizes some error in the initial submittal of the work, a revised version may be submitted. Authors will see this as an available Option on the Author Status Page. Please note that the new version will overwrite the existing version. However, authors may only do this until the work has been assigned to an Associate Editor for review. Once assigned, authors may not submit a revised version of the work until the Associate Editor issues a recommendation.
If the recommendation by the Editor or Associate Editor is for Revisions Required, authors must follow the recommendations and include the required and/or suggested revisions in a new version of their work. Authors may then submit this revised work along with any rebuttal (optional). The rebuttal can be uploaded as a separate PDF file or inserted in the Comments section of the submittal screen.
If an author realizes some error in the final submittal of the work, a revised version of the text portion or individual graphics may be submitted. Authors will see this as an available Option on the Author Status Page. Please note that the new version will overwrite the existing version.
- To update your final paper (text), choose the link, “Resubmit” under the “Options” box. Browse for your updated paper, and choose “Upload File”. Any new files submitted will overwrite those uploaded previously.
- To update graphics files, choose the link, “Resubmit” under the “Options” box. Browse for your graphics files and choose “Upload File”. Any new files submitted will overwrite the file previously uploaded. If you wish to delete a graphic, choose the “Remove” link.