Length: 0 days
Increasingly, engineering skills, knowledge and perspective are required to solve clinical healthcare challenges. The ASME Journal of Engineering and
Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy (JESMDT) is a unique publishing forum for the international community of engineers, scientists and
medical researchers with a shared vision to use knowledge from mechanical engineering as well as other engineering and scientific disciplines to
accelerate biomedical innovation, trial and commercialization.
This journal will not only focus on basic, theoretical, or experimental bioengineering research, but also on lab-proven biomedical and biotechnology
applications that contribute to achieving T1 translational research objectives and moving research from bench to bedside. (T1 transfers knowledge from
basic research to clinical research.)
To achieve this aim, this journal publishes high quality, peer-reviewed and advanced engineering research on materials, therapies, technology, systems,
methods and processes that stand to transform the dynamics of disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
The journal will span four primary areas where engineering impacts applied biomedicine:
- Biotechnology in Pharmaceutics
- Clinical Applications of Biomaterials
- Biotechnology in Clinical Systems
- Imaging, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics
The journal will bridge the gap between analytical, experimental, modeling and computational engineering research and its biomedical applications. This
is essential to how engineering and scientific knowledge facilitates healthcare solutions for a growing and aging worldwide population.
The journal includes original research articles, review articles, case studies, and technical briefs on subjects, methods, processes and testing that leverage
fundamental mechanical engineering research to create new diagnostic and therapeutic applications in hospitals, clinics and in consumers’ hands and
homes. A clinician working with engineers will easily understand and learn from the topics discussed in the journal. Conversely, engineers working in
clinical environments will learn from clinician scientists describing their research in the journal. Thus, both biomedical researchers, clinicians and
engineers are encouraged to publish in the journal.
The journal complements ASME’s new Alliance of Advanced BioMedical Engineering, a society initiative designed to bring together practitioners in the
growing and increasingly indispensable discipline of biomedical engineering. The Alliance is designed to serve as a trusted neutral convener and content
provider. It offers a broad range of professional and networking resources to bridge the gap between basic research and applied research.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Clinical Diagnostics, Imaging and Characterization
- Therapeutic Techniques, Equipment and Procedures
- Clinical Applications of Biomaterials, Chemical Processes and Pharmaceuticals
- Micro and Nanotechnology in Medicine
- Cell Physiology and Applied Mechanics
- Computers in Medicine and Biotechnology
- Drug and Gene Delivery Science and Biopharmaceuticals
- Cancer Diagnostics and Treatments
- Electro-mechanical and Chemical Sensors Technology
- Wave Propagations in Medical Applications, including Vibration, Acoustics, Ultrasound and Electrography
- Sports Medicine and Prevention of Impact Injury
- Mechanopharmacology and Mechanobiochemistry
- Clinical System Dynamics and Control
- Engineering and Science in Clinical Applications