Special Issue on Networks and Graphs for Engineering Systems and Design
This special issue is dedicated to promoting the dissemination of knowledge related to complex networks in engineering systems and design and highlighting the latest advances at the intersection of network science, graph theory, and engineering.
THE SCOPE OF THIS ISSUE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Network analysis, modeling, and visualization for sociotechnical systems
- Graph neural networks for systems engineering, prediction, and design
- Ecological/biological network-inspired system engineering and design
- Complex networks and artificial intelligence (AI), e.g., link prediction and optimization problems
- Domain-specific networks and systems: design and manufacturing, food-energy-water nexus, supply chain, IoT, and inter-connected infrastructure systems (e.g., power grid, smart cities)
- Social and organizational network analysis in engineering applications, e.g., real-time social media mapping to determine infrastructure failure due to extreme events
- Network-based approaches to design for market systems
- Dynamics (e.g., formation, diffusion, propagation) on engineering networks
- Spatiotemporal networks in engineering applications
- Novel network data collection; network data science
Submission InstructionsPapers should be submitted electronically to the journal through the ASME Journal Tool. If you already have an account, log in as an author and select Submit Paper. If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
Once at the Paper Submittal page, select the Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, and then select the Special Issue on Networks and Graphs for Engineering Systems and Design.
Papers received after the deadline or papers not selected for the Special Issue may be accepted for publication in a regular issue.
Dr. Zhenghui Sha, The University of Texas at Austin, USA (email@example.com)
Dr. Astrid Layton, Texas A&M University, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Babak Heydari, Northeastern University, USA (email@example.com)
Dr. Megan Konar, The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Douglas Van Bossuyt, Naval Postgraduate School, USA (email@example.com)