Special Issue on Injury and Damage Mechanics for Biological Structures
Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and TherapySubmit Paper
This special issue will include original research and review articles in the area of Injury and Damage Mechanics for Biological Structures.
The focus of the issue will be studies of the effect of various internal and external agents (e.g., trauma, sports, accidents, surgery, disease, ballistics, and blasts) that can cause the injuries and damages to the tissues utilizing analytical models, numerical simulations, experimental methods, imaging techniques, as well as clinical and preclinical approaches. Also of interest are artificial intelligence and data science approaches aimed at understanding injury biomechanics.
This special issue is intended to be a collection of the latest updates on the research in injury and damage to biological structures, and their prediction, mitigation, and protection.
Topic AreasTHE SCOPE OF THIS ISSUE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Injury and trauma due to falls, collisions, blunt impacts, ballistic impacts, explosive overpressure, hypoxia, and their combinations
- Integration of computational modeling and/or experimental data analysis with clinical and preclinical assessment of tissue and organ injuries
- Multiphysics and/or multiscale computational modeling, experimentation and analysis of injury and tissue damage
- Novel imaging and other clinical techniques to diagnose, assess, and quantify extent of tissue and organ damage, including mild (sub-concussive) to moderate traumatic brain injury
- Advanced 3D characterization, measurement and testing tools, and surrogate systems
- Quantification and analysis of environmental conditions that can cause organ and tissue damage
Submission InstructionsPapers should be submitted electronically to the journal through the ASME Journal Tool. If you already have an account, log in as an author and select Submit Paper. If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
Once at the Paper Submittal page, select the Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy, and then under the Special Issue field, select Special Issue on Injury and Damage Mechanics for Biological Structures.
Papers received after the deadline or papers not selected for the Special Issue may be accepted for publication in a regular issue.
Amit Bagchi, US Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reuben H Kraft, The Pennsylvania State University (email@example.com)
Karim H Muci-Kuchler, Texas State University (firstname.lastname@example.org)