Joint Special Issue on Advances in Design and Manufacturing for Sustainability
Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering
Journal of Mechanical Design
The call focuses on the main challenges the design and manufacturing communities face regarding sustainability and seeks to identify emerging research trends as well as current industry practices for integrating sustainability principles into the design and implementation of engineered systems and processes. Recent advances and future directions along the design-manufacturing continuum are welcome, including submissions on topics such as design decisions, manufacturing process development, manufacturing systems optimization, supply chain integration, sustainable energy systems, product user interaction, and product end-of-life analysis.
THE SCOPE OF THIS ISSUE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Circular economy and Industry 5.0
- Artificial intelligence for sustainable design and manufacturing
- Sustainability analytics
- Sustainable additive manufacturing and additive remanufacturing
- Design for recycling, remanufacturing, and reuse
- CAD integration of sustainable design methods and techniques
- Sustainable energy systems
- Industrial ecology in design, manufacturing, and automation
- Environmental justice in design and eco-design approaches
- Human-centric design and manufacturing
- Remanufacturing and advanced recycling processes for critical materials
- System efficiency and decarbonization
Submission InstructionsPapers should be submitted electronically to the journal through the ASME Journal Tool. If you already have an account, log in as an author and select Submit Paper. If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
Once at the Paper Submittal page, select either Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering or Journal of Mechanical Design, and then select the Special Issue on Advances in Design and Manufacturing for Sustainability.
Papers received after the deadline or papers not selected for the Special Issue may be accepted for publication in a regular issue.
Guest EditorsDr. Mihaela Banu, University of Michigan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Sara Behdad, University of Florida (email@example.com)
Dr. Daniel Cooper, University of Michigan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Karl Haapala, Oregon State University (email@example.com)
Dr. Chao Hu, University of Connecticut (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Harrison Kim, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (email@example.com)
Dr. Astrid Layton, Texas A&M University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Barbara S. Linke, University of California Davis (email@example.com)
Dr. Jie Zhang, University of Texas at Dallas (firstname.lastname@example.org)