President, Datum Edge, LLC
Brent has decades of hands-on manufacturing experience including everything from manual machining to grinding, ram and wire EDM and 3D printing. He has also performed onsite and online training and consultation for various industrial corporations as well as contracting to multiple government agencies.
He has experience in several computerized manufacturing platforms including MasterCAM, SolidWorks, CATIA, Fanuc GCode, and Mazatrol.
Brent holds a Maryland State Apprenticeship Certification, ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional Certification, AMT (Association for Manufacturing and Technology) CMTSE (Certified Machine Tool Sales Engineer) Certification, a Masters Certificate from Villanova University in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and is a National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Certified Inspector.
Brent is passionate about machining and manufacturing and continues his contributions to the industry by presenting numerous geometric tolerancing training programs to engineering, manufacturing, and quality personnel at major corporations throughout the U.S. and worldwide since 2015.
Notable Projects and contributions include (not limited to):
- IMTS (International Manufacturing Technology Show), Machine Tool Demonstration Representative
- NASA Hubble Service Mission #4, Soft Capture Mechanism
- NASA Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
- NASA Express Logistics Carrier
- NASA Robotics Alliance Project (support for “FIRST Robotics Program” teams)
- Various consumer power tool projects including DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw and Framing Nailer