To download the course brochure, please click HERE.
This MasterClass provides a comprehensive overview of the varied activities that are involved in designing and constructing onshore pipeline infrastructure to transport hydrocarbons in a cost effective manner. The material is presented in a logical sequence of five blocks covering facilities planning, hydraulic design, mechanical/geotechnical design, materials selection and construction. Practical examples are used throughout and the lectures are supplemented by video presentations. This course is a great source of reference for any engineer working in the onshore pipeline industry.
You Will Learn To
- Evaluate pipeline hydraulic design, pipe size selection for strength and capacity employing the industry accepted methods, such as the Colebrook and Hazen-Williams equations
- Explain selection of pump station locations and the power requirements
- Describe how multi-product pipelines are designed and operated considering batching and DRA
- Describe how the existing pipeline capacity can be expanded by installing additional pump stations and/or using pipe loops
- Evaluate economic analysis of pipe expansion considering pipe loops and other methods
Click HERE to review the course outline
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Project Managers, pipeline design engineers, pipeline operators, contractors, supervisors, inspectors, equipment suppliers, environmental specialists and land agents.
For venue information, please click HERE.
Course Type: Masterclass
Order Number: MC139
Final invoices will include applicable sales and use tax.
Alan Murray, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized expert, with over 40 years’ experience in design, R&D, and construction of pressure vessels, offshore marine structures and pipelines. He is a consulting engineer with Principia Consulting in Calgary, AB. Prior to forming Principia in 2010, Dr. Murray was Chief Engineer at the Canadian National Energy Board. His industry experience includes a number of senior management positions with a large pipeline operating company in North America. He has been responsible for system planning, construction, maintenance, and contracting functions.
Dr. Murray is the founding Chairman of the ASME Pipeline Systems Division and co-author of the ASME Press text books, "Pipeline Design and Construction – A Practical Approach," and "Pipeline Integrity Assurance." In 2006, Dr. Murray was awarded with ASME Distinction Award for his over 40 years of active involvement in the industry.