Length: 0 days
This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This course covers the types of information included within the volumes of the ASME B30 Standard. It describes the Charter of the B30 Committee, the types of load handling equipment to which it applies, its organization, and the intended use of the B30 Standard.
It examines the various scope requirements, definitions of equipment, use of references and general construction characteristics described in B30. It also discusses inspection and testing requirements, operation and general maintenance requirements, roles and responsibilities, and additional job site safety requirements.
The course also discusses the specialty and ancillary equipment volumes, which are slightly different from other volumes within the standard.
You Will Learn
- The history of the development of B30
- How to identify the types of cranes, hoists and equipment covered within the ASME B30 Standard
- The process for approval of revisions and interpretations responses for the B30 Volumes
- What safety topics care covered in each Volume of the B30 Standard
- The requirements for inspection, testing, operation and maintenance
- The requirements for special and multiple equipment formats
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants an introduction and a better understanding of the ASME B30 Safety Standard for cableways, cranes, derricks, hoists, hooks, jacks, and slings.