Length: 0 days
This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This self-study course provides training on the design and analysis of buried High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Pipe in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Case N-755. The course covers all aspects of the design of buried HDPE Pipe including pressure design, soil loadings, thermal expansion loads, and seismic design requirements. In addition, the design of coupled buried HDPE and above ground steel piping systems will be presented. The course material includes presentations, two piping design exercises, as well as identification of applicable reference documents.
You Will Learn To:
- Describe the scope of Code Case N-755
- Explain the relationship of Code Case N-755 to ASME B&PVC
- Identify HDPE piping design requirements and analysis methods as specified in Code Case N-755
- Demonstrate calculation methods for soil springs and other need soil parameters
- Describe the design of coupled buried HDPE and above ground steel piping systems
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Operating Nuclear Plant and "Architect/Engineers" Staff Engineers, Management, & Project Management personnel involved with design, procurement, inspection or installation of buried HDPE piping in new applications or the replacement of existing corroded steel piping systems in ASME Section III, Class 3 safety related (Subsection ND) applications.
To take this course you should have a personal computer, Web browser, Internet connection, and software to display PDF files (such as Adobe Reader®).