Length: 2 days
Save up to $785 in the U.S. by enrolling in PD771, a combo course consisting of this course (PD769) and PD770 “Inspection, Repairs, and Alterations of Boilers.”
Take this course in Amsterdam
Boiler operation is complicated, especially for modern boilers that are fully automatic. Safety, efficiency, and constant generation of steam or hot water depend on the smooth operation of the boiler. Moreover, some jurisdictions have laws and rules on the boiler operation and boiler operators.
On the other hand, maintenance is performed on the boilers to increase efficiency, ensure safety, and prevent unscheduled shutdowns. A maintenance program should be established based on the type of boiler, history, and the age of the boiler.
This course has been designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge of boiler operation and maintenance from the Codes and Standards, in addition to the Manufacturer’s recommendations.
The operation and maintenance of power boilers and heating boilers are covered by the following Codes and Standards:
ASME Section VI – 2019, Rules for Care and Operation of Heating Boilers
ASME Section VII – 2019, Recommended Guidelines for the Care of Power Boilers
Each participant will receive a copy of the current edition of ASME B&PVC, Section VII, Recommended Guidelines for the Care of Power Boilers.
You Will Learn To
- Describe fundamentals, and classifications of boilers
- Identify boiler auxiliaries and appurtenances
- Describe functions of controls and safety devices
- Identify the requirements of boiler rooms
- Describe power boiler operation
- Explain heating boiler operation
- Review operation logsheets
- Describe the essential procedures relating power boiler maintenance
- Identify the essential procedures relating to heating boiler maintenance
- Explain how to develop and establish maintenance program for boilers
- Identify the appropriate water treatment methods
- Identify causes of explosions and failures of boilers
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for the personnel responsible for operation and maintenance of all types of boilers. The following personnel should attend the course: Boiler engineers, boiler operators; Mechanical engineers, maintenance engineers; Plant engineers, process engineers; Boiler consultants, boiler contractors; and Plant supervisors, and plant managers