The 26th ASME Annual Conference on Information Storage & Processing Systems (ISPS)
The 26th ASME Annual Conference on Information Storage and Processing Systems (ISPS 2017) to be held in San Francisco, California, USA, from August 29-30, 2017. For this year, the ISPS2017 is co-located with ASME's InterPACK2017 conference.
This event is intended to provide a forum for international researchers from the academia and industries to share their findings, to network, and to foster collaboration opportunities in technical and business areas. It is also intended to attract and groom graduate students in the ISPS technical area and related industries.
The conference focuses on information storage and processing systems, as well as intelligent and precision equipment. The target markets include but not limited to: hard disk drive, optical storage systems, biomedical equipment, intelligent machines, consumer electronics, storage systems, imaging and printing equipment. Researchers are working towards enhancing the functionality of the said systems and equipment, making them more powerful (faster in operation, etc), user-friendly, robust and reliable, and environmentally friendly.
The multinational companies in the US and Japan (e.g., WD, HGST, Seagate, HP, TDK, etc.) are among the main R&D drivers, whereas in Korea and Singapore, there are national laboratories (Center for Information Storage Device at Yonsei University and the Data Storage Institute in Singapore, respectively) working in this area.
The ISPS conference attracts approximately 100 attendees each year with over 80 technical presentations.
ISPS2017 is soliciting 3-page papers for each of the technical tracks outlined below. Papers accepted and presented will be published in the official conference proceedings. The conference includes keynote and invited speaker presentations.
We look forward to seeing you to San Francisco, CA in August 2017!
- Tribology, Head/Media Interface: Contact mechanics, lubrication, friction, wear, contamination, corrosion, thin films, heat-assisted magnetic recording, patterned media recording, magnetic recording
- Actuator/Suspension and Sensors: Designs and analyses of actuators and novel sensor technologies
- Servo Control Technology: System dynamics and designs of modern, high precision servo control systems
- Shock and Flow Induced Vibrations: Air-flow system, flow-structure interactions, shock and vibrations
- Spindle Motor and Acoustics: Tribology, vibrations, dynamics, and acoustics of disk/media-spindle systems
- Micro/Nano Technology: Novel design concepts and applications, patterned media, materials
- Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation: System designs for intelligent machines; mechatronics involving robots and automation
- Imaging/printing Technologies and Consumer Electronics: Digital cameras, camcorders, thermal/laser printing, energy harvesting, "green and smart" house technology, ecosystems and other novel technologies and applications
- Optical Storage and Future Technologies: Design and analysis of integrated opto-mechatronics and storage systems and media
- Flexible Media Mechanics and Tape Storage: Mechanics and system design of tape drives, lateral tape motion, tape tension, wear, dynamics of high speed flexible tape, web motion, sheet metal, paper systems
- Storage System and Future Technologies: Data Center, Cloud Computing, and other future storage device/system related technologies.
ISPS2017 offers the following features:
- One Best Paper Award for each technical track.
- One Best Student Paper Award.
- Three ISPS Division Graduate Student Fellowships in the form of USD 2,500 each and registration fee waiver.
- Six Conference Scholarships for graduate students in the form of registration fee waiver.
- Discounted registration fees for ASME members and students, respectively.
- Conference supported by ASME centralized web hosting and paper submission handling process.
- GoGreen initiative to use online access of conference materials (on-site WiFi access provided).
- Microsystem Technologies Journal will have a special issue for full ISPS’17 papers with Prof. Paul C.-P. Chao as a guest editor.
NOTE: When accessing ASME Event Connect via your mobile device, standard data rates may apply. Please check with your provider about your data plan. If you are traveling internationally, please contact your provider about any international roaming data limits that may apply. Free Wi-Fi will be available to attendees at the conference venue.