Letter of Invitation Request
Obtaining a Visa
If it is necessary for you to obtain a visa to attend any ASME U.S. - based conference, you can find relevant information about the application process on the U.S. Visas Department of State website.
Apply for your Visa well in advance of your travel! Important steps to remember:
- Review your visa status, and find out if you need a U.S. visa or a renewal.
- Review the visa wait times information for interview appointments and visa processing at each embassy and consular section worldwide available on the U.S. Department of State website. Visit the embassy or consular section website where you will apply for your visa to find out how to schedule an interview appointment, pay fees and any other instructions.
- Plan on an interview at the embassy or consulate, which is required for most visa applicants. As part of the visa interview, quick inkless fingerprint scans should be expected. Some visa applications require additional administrative processing, which requires some additional time. Applicants are advised when they apply.
The Letter of Invitation Request Form
If you require a letter of invitation from ASME, please submit a request for a letter of invitation (PDF).
At least one of the following criteria must be met by the requesting party in order to honor the request for a letter of invitation:
- Be an author of an accepted abstract and/or paper.
- Have paid the registration fee for this conference.
PLEASE NOTE: The VISA Letter Request Form should be scanned and sent to the respective ASME Staff Contact listed on the Conference Listed table below prior to the respective Conference Registration going "live." Once Conference Registration is live, if you are from a country which requires a VISA Invitation Letter, you will receive the letter once you register.
VISA LETTER CONTACT
|E-FEST WEST||March 15 – 17, 2019||Fairplex Pomona, CAemail@example.com|
|MEED||March 19 – 22, 2019||Renaissance Hotels
New Orleans, LA
|E-FEST NORTH||April 5 – 7, 2019||Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI
|Joint Rail Conference||April 9 – 12, 2019||Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, Snowbird, UT||COCAH@asme.org|
|VVS||May 11 – 17, 2019||Westgate Hotel Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
|OMAE||June 9 – 13, 2019||Glasgow, Scotlandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TURBO EXPO||June 17 – 21, 2019||Phoenix Convetion Center, Phoenix, AZ||COCAH@asme.org|
|ICNNM||June 23 – 26, 2019||St. John's Convention Center, St. John, Canada||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|MNHMT||July 8 – July 10, 2019||Dalian, China||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|PVP||July 14 – 19, 2019||Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk, San Antonio, TX||HARTJE@asme.org|
|Heat Transfer Energy & Sustainability||July 15 – 17, 2019||The Hyatt Bellevue, Bellevue, WA||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|Power Conference||July 15 – 18, 2019||Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, Snowbird, UT||SafinaE@asme.org|
|Fluids Engineering Summer Conference (AJKFluids)||July 28 – August 1, 2019||Hyatt Regency Downtown, San Francisco, CA||SafinaE@asme.org|
|IDETC/CIE||August 18 – 21, 2019||Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim, CA||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|SMASIS||September 9 – 11, 2019||Omni Louisville, Louisville, KY||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|Advanced Clean Energy Summit||September 16 – 17, 2019||The Curtis Hotel, Denver, Colorado, USA||SafinaE@asme.org|
|Fluids Power & Motion Control||October 6 – 9, 2019||Lido Beach Resort, Sarasota, FL||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|DSCC||October 9 – 11, 2019||Grand Summit, Park City, UT||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|InterPack/ISPS||October 9 – 11, 2019||Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim, CA||MercadoJ@asme.org|
|Internal Combustion Fall Conference||October 20 – 23, 2019||Marriott Chicago Ohare, Chicago, IL||SafinaE@asme.org|
|IMECE||November 8 – 14, 2019||Salt Lake City Convention Center, Salt Lake City, UTemail@example.com|