ISO Committees and U.S. Technical Advisory Groups
Long recognized for our development of mechanical engineering standards, ASME also administers several bodies that develop the United States position on activities conducted under the auspices of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, ISO and IEC are two among hundreds of developers of international standards, and employ a "one country, one vote" delegate approach to standards development. The vote of each country is developed and coordinated via a Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
A TAG's scope must track with that of the relevant ISO or IEC technical committee (TC) or subcommittee (SC); its members may include individual participants from industry, technical and trade organizations, academia, and government agencies, as well as individuals.
ASME currently serves as the Secretariat to the following ISO Committees and Subcommittees:
- TC 178 WG 8 – Lifts, Escalators and Moving Walks – "Electrical Requirements"
- TC 96/SC 6 – Mobile Cranes
- TC 10/SC 1 – Basic Conventions
U.S. TAGs to ISO Technical Committees
- TC 1 Screw Threads
- TC 2 Fasteners
- TC 5 Ferrous Metal Pipes and Metallic Fittings
- TC 5/SC 5 Threaded Fittings, Solder Fittings, Welded Fittings, Pipe Threads, Thread Gauge
- TC 5/SC 10 Metallic Flanges and Their Joints
- TC 10 Technical Drawings, Product Definition & Related Documentation
- TC 11 Boilers and Pressure Vessels "BPV TOMC"
- TC 29 SC2 Drills, Reamers, Milling Cutters and Milling Machine Accessories
- TC 30 Measurement of Fluid Flow in Closed Conduits
- TC 39 Machine Tools
- TC 96 Cranes
- TC 100 Chains and Chain Wheels for Power Transmission and Conveyors
- TC 153 Valves
- TC 153/SC 1 – Design, Manufacturing, Marking and Testing
- TC 153/SC 2 – Valve Actuator Attachment
- TC 185 Safety Relief Valves
- TC 192 on Gas Turbines
- TC 213 Dimensional and Geometrical Product Specifications and Verification
U.S. TAG to IEC Technical Committee
ISO and U.S. TAGs to ISO-Related Links
- ANSI Procedures, Guides, and Forms
- ISO Development Procedures
- ISO/TC Portal – Committee Working Areas, Reference Materials, Tools, and Training in Support of Standards Development
- The Agreement on Technical Cooperation Between ISO and CEN (Vienna Agreement)
- ANSI International Forum (AIF)
- CA Connect
- Committee Pages
- C&S Electronic Tools
- C&S Connect
- Certificate Holders Search
- Committee Meetings
Help Shape ASME
Engineers make up ASME, and it's that passion and knowledge that literally runs the world.
By volunteering you can learn new skills, help the world, and influence the ASME of tomorrow.