QRO Application Process
If paying by credit card, please select the application in which you are interested and follow the on-screen prompts:
Please note that there is a technical difference between QRO Provisional Operator and the QRO Combustion Operator Programs. The QRO Combustion Operator certification is for candidates who work at a facility that combusts MSW WITHOUT heat recovery.
(Please allow up to 24 hours to receive your welcome email containing log-in information)
Other payment options:
If you are not paying by credit card, please select the method you would like use. Please note that these payment formats require more processing time:
Check/Money Order – Follow the instructions on the form to submit an applicant or applicants using a check or money order. You will need each applicant’s physical mailing address(es), as well as their email address(es).
Purchase Order – A purchase order (PO) may be used to submit applicants. The PO must be from a Canadian or US client.
If you are currently a certificate holder or applicant, log in to ASME-PC Connect.
QRO certification process for new applicant:
- Once ASME has processed the payment, the prospective applicant will be emailed instructions on how to sign-in and/or create an account within ASME-PC Connect.
- Once an applicant has been accepted into the program, they will be instructed to contact a conveniently located Prometric Testing Center to schedule their exam.
- ASME will notify applicants of their test results via email. If the applicant was successful, a certificate will be mailed and their name is entered on the certificate holders listing. If the applicant was not successful, a retest option will be outlined.
QRO recertification process for existing certificate holders
- The recertification/renewal process will be managed through ASME-PC Connect allowing certificate holders to continue to enjoy the benefits of being credentialed. Certificate holders who meet the recertification requirements will receive instructions on how to maintain their certification without having to retest.
- Email is the primary channel of communication please ensure your email system is cleared to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper applications will no longer be provided or accepted.
- ASME attempted to contact all previous and current certificate holders via email announcing this new system. If you did not receive an email, you may need to update your ASME email address. Please contact ASME’s Customer Care at 1.800.843.2763 (outside US +1.646.616.3100) or email at CustomerCare@asme.org and provide the requested information.
If you would like to apply for New Operator Certification (Shift Supervisor or Chief Facility Operator), see the Site Specific Process.
Transfer applications for the QRO Operator program are now being accepted. Please send an email containing the name, level of certification (Shift Supervisor or Chief Facility Operator) of the current certificate holder who is interested in transferring to: email@example.com. Once the request is received, the transfer candidate will be provided with an application and invoice for the current transfer fee.
Before you purchase your certification on-line and create an account, review the three options below to determine which applies to you:
- You may already have an account: If you’ve ever completed an ASME certification, been on an ASME Committee, taken ASME courses or attended workshops, chances are you’re already in our system, even in this is your first time seeing this screen. Please use the Forgot Password option before creating a new account.
- You are unsure whether you already have an account: Note Sure? Please contact ASME Customer Care at 1.800.843.2763 (US, toll free) or +1.646.616.3100 (internationally) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your account details and get your user name and password.
- This is your first time using any ASME system: If so, please create a new account per the sign-on screen.