ASME Workforce Development
MissionProvide effective leadership and strategic direction to create, develop and sustain a viable mechanical engineering workforce to support current and future business and industry needs.
Premiere resource for the mechanical engineering profession.
Develop an inter-connected holistic set of solutions to enhance the awareness, growth, advancement, and sustainability of the mechanical engineering workforce.
- Develop a public-private collaborative for developing and monitoring continuous improvement of workforce development strategies to sustain a viable global mechanical engineering workforce.
- Create a continuum of activities, policies, and programs, starting in K-12, continuing through post-secondary and early career, and extending through retirement.
Workforce Development Opportunities
Workforce Development is grounded in the premise of creating a strong network of ties that is able to respond to today’s ever-changing labor needs.
By fostering a culture of learning, positive attitudes, and the abilities to manage and deal with current and future challenges, ASME is helping to create, develop, and sustain a viable engineering workforce that can support current and future business and industry in order to remain competitive in a global society.
ASME operates at the intersection of Academia, Industry, and Government aligning efforts to:
- Create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce and environment
- Build a workforce that provides for the current and future needs of employers
- Provide sustainable careers and employment for the mechanical engineering profession
- Contribute to the stability and growth of the economy
- Promote the betterment of society as a whole
Kathleen Kosmoski Contact
Manager, Workforce Development