Scholarships for Community College, 2-Year Technical Programs, and Associate Degree Programs
A scholarship is considered by ASME to be a grant made to a student to enable or assist the student in pursuing an educational program in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology at the undergraduate or graduate level.
• Before you apply
• Scholarship Brochure
• Tips to impress
• Office Hours
Do you need financial aid to help achieve your career goals and the next level of education?
With rising costs of education, let the ASME Foundation scholarship program be a resource to help you continue to pursue a career in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Who can Apply?
- Students enrolled in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology/General Engineering Technology or closely related discipline at a Community College, a 2-Year Technical College or Associate Degree program can apply for ASME Scholarships.
- Students can apply in the first semester in their second year for the following academic year.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? At ASME, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive scholarship program. Even though you may not meet most of the requirements, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right student for our scholarship.
Eligibility for US Students
- Students can be enrolled part-time
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited program or Regional accreditation by CHEA (USA) (required)
Eligibility for International Students (Studying outside the USA)
- The ASME Student Section must be active in the local region
- Students must be enrolled Full-time
- Enrolled in an ABET or Regionally/Nationally accredited program
Things you should know
Apply Annually: ASME Scholarships are awarded annually to eligible ASME Student Members.
Money for Next-Year Education: ASME Scholarships are used for upcoming studies and educational expenses in the next academic year.
Program of Study: Mechanical Engineering (ME), Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)/General Engineering Technology or closely related engineering studies.
Enrollment: You must be enrolled at a community college, 2-year technical college and Associate degree programs.
ME/MET Major Scope: For your major to qualify as closely related to a Mechanical Engineering major, you must be taking at least 25% of your credits each semester in courses from the Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Engineering AS) Departments.
Accreditation: ASME Scholarships require enrollment in a National/Regional accredited, or substantially equivalent, engineering degree program.
Cumulative College Level GPA: Students must must have a viable transcript and GPA (grade point average) from at least one semester of post secondary education to qualify for ASME Scholarships.
Universal Application: Many ASME Scholarships have specific eligibility requirements, however, when you complete the online application, you will be considered for all scholarships for which you qualify.
If you have questions about the ASME Scholarship Program, eligibility or have other questions, meet with us during our open office hours. Register now and add the dates to your calendar.
For assistance in logging into your ASME Account, please contact CustomerCare@asme.org.
For further assistance navigating your home page or the application, please contact ASME.University@applyISTS.com or call toll free (U.S. applicants only) 855.276.3734.
Tips for Starting an Application
- Login to your ASME account using the e-mail address and password you usually use for your ASME account.
- If you have misplaced your membership information, please email CustomerCare@asme.org to resend it to you.
- Be sure your contact info and address are up to date in the ASME database via ASME Customer Care before opening a new application (before you click Apply).
- Once you have logged in, you will be taken to your home page. Click the Create New Universal Application button and complete the questionnaire. Once you press ‘Submit’ in the questionnaire you will be taken to the application.
The Online Universal Scholarship Application is NOW OPEN for the 2023-2024 academic year, starting September 2023.
The Online Universal Scholarship Application is NOW OPEN for Community College, 2-Year Technical Programs, and Associate Degree Programs level of study