Become an ASME/ABET Evaluator
Are you interested in undergraduate education? If so, we need your help! We are looking for new ASME/ABET Program Evaluators.
Role of a Program Evaluator
Contribute to the continuous improvement of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related degree programs by evaluating them against a set of criteria. These criteria outline the requirements for faculty, facilities, curriculum, and other key program areas. In doing so, Program Evaluators help to assure the quality and vitality of degree programs. It'/s a lot of work, but it'/s also very professionally and personally rewarding.
- Demonstrates interest in improving education.
- Demonstrates desired competencies outlined in ABET'/s Competency Model.
- At least one degree in mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or a closely related discipline and graduate degree in engineering.
- 10+ years of work experience. Management experience a plus.
- Strong writing skills
- ASME member or willingness to become a member prior to applying to serve as an evaluator.
The Benefits for You
- Learn new perspectives from academic and business professionals.
- Hone your skills by interviewing, reporting orally, and writing statements.
- Practice team-building skills through group interaction.
- Exercise decision-making skills as a member of an on-site evaluation team.
- Strengthen your analytical abilities by assessing written and observed documentation against criteria.
- Meet people who are educated, who are interesting, and who share common interests.
- Travel the U.S., and with experience, the world.
How Do I Get Involved
- Complete the online application including uploaded resume/curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum).
- Have three (3) references complete the online reference form.
- Submit the completed application by October 15.
- APPLY NOW
Minorities, women, and engineers working in industry are especially encouraged to apply.