DiscoverE Educator Award
Do you know any great educators who are worthy of recognition? DiscoverE Educator winners will receive unrestricted cash awards, prizes and media recognition. Up to three winners will receive a trip to Washington, D.C. for a recognition event on February 22, a $2,000 cash prize, a #M digital projector, and a 3M gift pack of classroom supplies. Their engineer/student nominators will also receive the trip to Washington, D.C.
Established in 2012, the DiscoverE Educator Awards are shining a spotlight on the educators who are inspiring tomorrow'/s innovation generation. By honoring the educators who are hard at work in our classrooms, the engineering profession wants to show its appreciation and respect for the educators who are helping students discover engineering.
Unique to this program, engineers and engineering students are part of the nomination process. This community recognizes that educators deserve support and respect when it comes to advancing student learning.
Recognition and Prizes
DiscoverE Educator winners will receive unrestricted cash awards, prizes and media recognition.
- Up to three winners will receive a trip to Washington, D.C. for recognition in June 2013, a $2,000 cash prize, a 3M digital projector, and a 3M gift pack of classroom supplies. Their engineer/student nominators will also receive the trip to Washington, D.C.
- Eight runners-up will receive $500 each, a 3M Shoot & Share digital camera, and a 3M gift pack.
Teacher nominees must be:
- Full-time U.S. or international school-based educators teaching in grades 6-12
- Nominated by an engineer or engineering student (college or graduate level)
- Complete applications must be submitted by March 8, 2013
- Application form includes short questions to be completed by the educator and the engineer/student nominator.
- A photo of the educator nominee (formal headshot and, if available, candid shot of teacher in classroom)
The application is also available in the announcements section at http://eweek.org/NewsStory.aspx?ContentID=290
A panel of distinguished national education, engineering and business leaders will be organized by the National Engineers Week Foundation to determine recipients.
The DiscoverE Educator Awards is a program of the National Engineers Week Foundation and its partners.
March 8, 2013 Nominations close
April 25, 2013 Winners notified
June, 2013 Recognition event in Washington, D.C.