Other Subsections and Divisions
Subsection NE addresses items which are intended to conform to the requirements for Class MC construction.
Subsection NF addresses the supports which are intended to conform to the requirements for Classes 1, 2, 3, and MC construction.
Subsection NG addresses structures which are designed to provide direct support or restraint of the core (fuel & blanket assemblies) within the reactor pressure vessel.
Subsection NH addresses Class 1 components, parts, and appurtenances which are expected to function even when metal temperatures exceed those covered by the rules and stress limits of Subsection NB and Tables 2A, 2B, and 4 of Section II, Part D, Subpart 1.
Division 2 addresses concrete containment structures, pre-stressed or reinforced. These requirements are applicable only to those components that are designed to provide a pressure retaining or containing barrier.
Division 3 addresses the design and construction of the containment system of a nuclear spent fuel or high level radioactive waste transport packaging.
The all-new Division 5 provides construction rules for high-temperature reactors, including both high-temperature, gas-cooled reactors (HTGRs) and liquid-metal reactors (LMRs).
Referenced BPVC Sections
- BPVC-II-A, B, C, D — Section II, Materials, Parts A through D
- BPVC-V — Section V, Nondestructive Examination
- BPVC-IX — Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications
- BPVC-XI — Section XI, Rules for Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components
Referenced ASME Standards
- 3 Standards from the B1 Series on screw threads
- 8 Standards from the B16 Series on pipe flanges and fittings
- 3 Standards from the B18 Series on hex bolts
- B36.10M — Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe
- B36.19M — Stainless Steel Pipe
- NQA-1 — Quality Assurance Program Requirements for Nuclear Facilities
- QAI-1 — Qualifications for Authorized Inspection
Product-Certification Packages per "Designator":
- "N," "NA," "NPT," "NS" (N-Type Certificates of Authorization and Certificates of Accreditation) >
- "NV" (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves — includes BPVC-II-A, Section II, Part A, Ferrous Materials Specifications) >
- "NV" (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves — includes BPVC-II-B, Section II, Part B, Nonferrous Materials Specifications) >
- "NV" (Nuclear Safety and Pressure Relief Valves — includes BPVC-II-D, Section II, Part D, Properties, Customary or Metric) >
- "N3" (N-Type Certificates of Authorization and Certificates of Accreditation) >