ASME offers several ways for you to apply for membership.
- Apply directly online with ASME.ORG's membership/student application.
- Download the membership application or student application. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view and print. This can be downloaded for free. Fax your application with your resume to 1-973-882-1717, or mail it with your resume to:
150 Clove Road,
Little Falls, NJ 07424-2100
- Call 1-800-THE-ASME (800-843-2763) or outside North America call +1 973-882-1170 and we will mail you an application.
- E-mail us at CustomerCare@asme.org and request an application
- Several payment methods are available to pay your dues. If you would like more information, please check out our list of Payment Methods below.
- Residents of India should download the India professional membership application or India student membership application. (Note each application includes local currency payment instructions.)
- Purchase an ASME Gift Membership for someone special in your life. Download Professional Membership Gift Order Form or Student Membership Gift Order Form.
- Student Group Membership
Participating colleges/universities can ensure that all of their mechanical engineering students have full access to the many benefits of ASME membership by submitting the names of all of their eligible engineering students together and making a single payment for all. Visit the Student Group Membership website for details and signup information.
ASME Invoices, Services or Dues
Visa, MasterCard, Eurocard, Discover, and American Express.
Wire Transfer - U.S. Dollars Only
Please call the following number for bank information:
800-843-2763 or 1-973-882-1170
Please Add a $20 Bank Transfer Fee
*Failure to indicate your ASME Member number may delay renewal considerably.
Check or Bank Draft in U.S. Dollars
Payable on a bank situated in the United States or authorized currencies*.
You may choose to pay in the currencies listed below. In order to calculate your membership dues in the currencies listed below, please refer to the current exchange rates which are provided on the following site: https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/.
Divide the US Dollar amount by the exchange rate to determine the local currency equivalent
Example: Canadian Dollars
US Dollars / Exchange Rate = Local Currency Payment
USD 158.00 / 0.77189 = 204.69 CAD
|Australia||US Dollars & Australian Dollars|
|Belgium||US Dollars & EURO|
|Canada||US Dollars & Canadian Dollars|
|Denmark||US Dollars & Danish Kroner|
|England||US Dollars & Pound Sterling|
|European Union||US Dollars & EURO|
|France||US Dollars & EURO|
|Germany||US Dollars & EURO|
|Hong Kong||US Dollars & Hong Kong Dollars|
|Italy||US Dollars & EURO|
|Japan||US Dollars & Yen|
|Netherlands||US Dollars & EURO|
|New Zealand||US Dollars & New Zealand Dollars|
|Norway||US Dollars & Norwegian Kroner|
|Portugal||US Dollars & EURO|
|Singapore||US Dollars & Singapore Dollars|
|Spain||US Dollars & EURO|
|Sweden||US Dollars & Swedish Kroner|
|Switzerland||US Dollars & Swiss Francs|
|Taiwan||US Dollars & Taiwan Dollar|
International Membership dues discount:
25% to 50% Discount based on the World Bank country classifications, please see International Membership for eligibility.