Length: 2 days
Save up to $785 in the U.S. by enrolling in PD771, a combo course consisting of this course (PD770) and PD769 “Boiler Operation and Maintenance.”
The purpose of inspection is to determine operational integrity, ensure reliability, and improve performance of boiler plants. Boilers are required to be inspected at a regular interval by an inspector who is qualified by a jurisdiction or by the plant owner. The inspection is performed in accordance with the jurisdictional requirements, inspection standards or national codes.
This course has been designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge of boiler inspection from the Codes and Standards. The course also covers jurisdictional requirements, code requirements, and methods for repairs and alteration to boilers.
The techniques and requirements of boiler inspection are covered by the following Codes and Standards:
NB23 – 2015 National Board Inspection Code
ASME POM 101 – 2013 Performance – Related Outage Inspection
ASME POM 102 – 2014 Operating Walkdowns of Power Plants
ASME Section VII – 2015 Recommended Guidelines for the Care of Power Boilers
API RP 573 – 2013 Inspection of Fired Boilers and Heaters
Each participant will receive a copy of ASME POM 101 – 2013, Performance – Related Outage Inspection, and a copy of the book, Power Boiler Design, Inspection, and Repair, by Dr. Mohammad A. Malek.
You Will Learn To
- Identify classifications and types of boilers
- Identify the appropriate codes and standards for inspection, repair, and alteration
- Describe jurisdictional requirements for inspection, repair, and alteration
- Explain how to inspect boilers using the latest technology, such as NDE methods and drones
- Explain how to conduct inspection and testing of pressure relief valves
- Describe how to perform outage inspection and walkdown inspection
- Explain causes of failures, and deterioration mechanism
- Perform calculations for inspection, repair, and alteration
- Develop and write reports on inspection, examination, and testing
- Explain how to develop and establish mechanical reliability program for boiler plants
Click HERE to review the course outline
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for the personnel responsible for inspection, repair, and alteration of all types of boilers. The following personnel should attend the course:
- Inspectors – novice, intermediate, and experienced
- Refinery inspectors, mechanical engineers
- Reliability engineers, maintenance engineers
- oiler consultants, boiler repairers
- Plant supervisors, and plant managers
For venue information, please click HERE.