Length: 0 days
This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
Sound emissions are a serious concern to the health and welfare of the public. This course provides essential information for the procurement of gas turbine power plants involving acoustical requirements. This Standard addresses this concern within its field of application.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the role of ASME Codes and Standards and the charter of the Performance Test Codes (PTC) Committee
- Identify what is covered by B133.8-2011, Gas Turbine Installation Sound Emissions
- Prepare gas turbine procurement acoustical specifications for industrial, pipeline, and utility applications
- Respond to such acoustical specifications
- Determine specified sound emissions compliance and report field data.
Module 1: Introduction and Scope
Module 2: Sound Emissions Specification
Module 3: Field Sound Measurement Guidelines – Part 1
Module 4: Field Sound Measurement Guidelines – Part 2
Module 5: Field Sound Measurement Guidelines – Part 3
Who should attend
This course is designed for those individuals in industries including industrial, marine power generation, electrical power generation, pipelines, and utilities responsible for preparation of gas turbine procurement acoustical specifications and/or to those responsible for responding to those specifications, determining compliance, and reporting field data, both at the mid-level managerial level and below.