Length: 2 days
This program focuses on providing a toolbox of essential skills any supervisor, manager, or team leader who needs to assist individuals and teams in their quest to reach high levels of performance. The course provides simple, direct solutions to the most common challenges managers encounter, such as, how to motivate others, when and how to coach, and dealing with non-performance. The most useful concepts in the behavioral sciences have been distilled into a basic approach to managing people and teams. In addition, special emphasis is placed on the changing nature of today’s workforce.
Each attendee will receive a copy of the book, Coaching for Improved Work Performance, by Ferdinand Fourines.
You Will Learn to:
- Explain how to improve team performance and commitment
- Encourage employee initiative and avoid grievances, complaints and legal problems
- Increase your communication and leadership skills
- Motivate the under-achiever and get outstanding team performance
- Mediate disputes between employees
- Develop a personal plan for success
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
Current and aspiring supervisors, managers, team leaders and technical professionals who seek a solid foundation in management skills and techniques. This program is suitable for people who manage people or departments. It is also suitable for those who have been identified to take on supervisory responsibility.
Save up to $510 by enrolling in PD685, a combo course consisting of this course (PD475) and PD676 “Strategic Thinking.”
For venue information, please click here.