Length: 43 days
Enroll now to save 10%
Use discount code 21GS10 at checkout
This course covers the majority of information required to understand basic mechanical two-dimensional engineering drawings. Topics covered are:
- Basic drawing elements (formats, title block, parts list, revision block, etc.)
- Part views (multiview, auxiliary, and isometric)
- Section views
- General dimensions
- Finish and welding symbols.
The course consists of nine modules, each with a quiz; most also include drawing assignments and supplementary information. As reference material, a drawing packet is included that shows five detail drawings and an assembly drawing for the parts of a Trolley Wheel. The package includes flat and round parts and a casting. Possession of the ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standard is recommended.
This is an online, instructor-supported course, allowing you to work at your own pace and convenience.
You Will Learn To
- Describe the fundamentals of drawing interpretation
- Identify drawing elements, including part views and sections
- Describe general dimensions and tolerances
- Explain how to present surface texture, fasteners and welding
Who Should Attend
Beginning designers, drafters, quality, procurement, tooling, production, manufacturing and shop personnel; more advanced designers, and those involved with tooling, production, inspection, routing in the shop; others involved with purchasing, costing and management; vendors and suppliers.
To take this course you should have a personal computer, Web browser, Internet connection, and software to display PDF files (such as Adobe Reader).