Length: 3 days
This is a fundamental course that trains participants to comply with the requirements of ASME BPV Code Section IX, Welding, Brazing and Fusing Qualifications. A review of the welding processes and variables, as well as a review of basic welding metallurgy is conducted to provide participants with sufficient background in welding technology. This background knowledge is essential for one to interpret Section IX effectively.
The mechanics of using Section IX and how to address its requirements and its relationship with other code sections is explained in a simple, straightforward manner. Emphasis is placed on qualifying procedures in a cost-effective manner and on writing welding procedures so that they contribute positively to the manufacturing process. The requirements for qualification of welders, brazers, and operators are examined, with particular emphasis on minimizing the cost and maximizing the usefulness of qualifications. Time is provided to address individual participant's problems and concerns.
All attendees receive the current edition of ASME BPVC Section IX – Welding, Brazing, and Fusing Qualifications codebook.
You Will Learn To
- Explain how Section IX is organized and how to locate requirements for welding, brazing, and fusing qualifications
- Consider the metallurgy and welding process knowledge that forms the basis for the rules for welding qualifications
- Formulate and write practical and instructive welding, brazing, and plastic fusing procedures that are compliant with Section IX
- Determine and confirm welder performance qualifications that are compliant with Section IX
- Review welding documentation for compliance with Section IX
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for mechanical engineers, welding engineers, quality control personnel, welding supervisors, inspectors, and project managers.
For venue information, please click HERE.