Length: 43 days
Use promo code: 21EL
This course will introduce the participants to the fundamentals of ASME BPV Code, Section III. This course provides an in-depth review of the "Rules of construction of nuclear facility components." Participants will learn the ASME Code requirements for the design and construction of pressure boundary of nuclear power plant components. The course will also review and discuss the requirements for planning, managing and conducting Q.A. programs for controlling the quality of activities performed under the jurisdiction of Section III.
This course on the Code updates designers, procurement engineers and quality assurance engineers on the latest developments, Addenda, and Code Cases pertaining to the application of the Code. It serves both as a refresher course on the Code for experienced engineers as well as an excellent foundation for new and junior engineers/QA personnel.
You Will Learn To
- Explain the Classification of Components and Supports - Article NCA-2000
- Describe the Responsibilities and Duties - Article NCA-3000
- Identify the Quality Assurance Requirements - Article NCA-4000
- Identify Authorized Inspection requirements- Article NCA-5000
- Explain the Application of Concepts - Article NB-3200
- Identify the Class 1 Vessel Design requirements- Article NB-3300
- Describe Finite Element Analysis, Stress Classification & interpretation of FEA Stress Results for NB-3200 Design
- Identify Pipe Fittings and Components
- Explain the Piping Stress Analysis as per ASME Code
- Describe Layout Considerations in Class 1 Piping Systems
- Identify Specific Component Support Requirements
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for nuclear component, support, piping, pumps, vessel, and valve manufacturers. It is also aimed at parts manufacturers, engineers, designers and Q.A. personnel who are involved in nuclear engineering /procurement and construction. Registered professional engineers in need of updating their qualifications as per N626.3-1993 will find that the course contents fulfill the requirements.
To take this course you should have a personal computer, Web browser, Internet connection, and software to display PDF files (such as Adobe Reader).