Length: 3 days
ASME produces codes and standards that are the most widely used in the world for the design, manufacture, operation, maintenance, and repair of components within nuclear facilities. This 3-day course discusses the ASME NQA-1 Standard and its 4 parts, the principal intentions of this Standard and how to apply its provisions for Department of Energy nuclear facility suppliers, contractors, and DOE National Laboratories.
This course is designed to provide management, procurement, engineering, and program management with an introduction to and overview of ASME as an organization, its Codes and Standards, and the ASME NQA-1 Standard. The instructor explains how this Standard is applied to DOE nuclear facilities, as well as providing a brief overview of the subsections of B&PV Code, Section III, as they apply to construction of nuclear facilities and DOE Orders, concerning quality assurance, such as 414.1D, G414.1-2B, 450.2. Other covered topics include a brief history of the B&PV code, the ASME Board on Nuclear Codes and Standards, and the NQA-1 guidance for implementation within DOE Rules and Orders for Quality Assurance.
Each student will receive a copy of the NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications Standard.
You Will Learn To
- Explain the purpose and organization of ASME
- Describe the scope of ASME codes and standards applicable to components in a nuclear facility
- Explain the purpose, organization and requirements of NQA-1 Quality Assurance for Nuclear Facility Applications
- Identify the 18 criteria basis of the NQA-1 Standard contained in Part 1, NQA Parts 2, 3 and 4
- Apply the four principal Department of Energy requirement documents pertaining to nuclear quality assurance for nuclear facilities
Click HERE to review the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who are or will be directly or indirectly involved in the design, procurement, manufacturing and construction, maintenance or operation of a nuclear facility. This course will benefit anyone involved in quality assurance, quality control programs, inspection, procurement of materials, as well as nuclear regulatory personnel, university faculty, and students.
For venue information, please click HERE.