Length: 17 days
Enroll now to save 44%
Course Schedule: This course is offered over a 3-week period consisting of a total of seven days, running from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern each day, with breaks throughout:
- October 5 - 6, October 12-13, and October 19 – 21, 2021
- January 11 - 12, January 18 - 19, and January 25 - 27, 2022
- April 5 - 6, April 12 - 13, and April 19 - 21, 2022
Maximize your proficiency and literacy in all business situations and become a well-rounded engineering professional by learning the skills that extend beyond what is typically taught in your academic studies or on the job. To be successful, it is important that Engineers and technical professionals like you master the 12 Essential Workplace Skills taught throughout this Bootcamp.
ASME offers a seven-day Bootcamp utilizing an immersive approach that develops in-demand professional skills to advance your career. This is an interactive class where learners collaborate with their colleagues, work on real-world projects, and utilize engineering-specific case studies and applications.
In this unique Learning path of relevant topics, you will get to know your classmates as you work through projects based on your engineering discipline and develop a digital portfolio showcasing your newly enhanced skills.
Week One: Upskill for Success (Part 1)
Day 1: Effective Communication Strategies
Day 2: Develop Engineering Relationships
Week Two: Upskill for Success (Part 2)
Day 3: Enhance your Time Management (why it is needed for today’s workplace)
Day 4: Problem Solving Strategies
Week Three: Advance your Career as a Manager
Day 5: Becoming the Leader You Want to Be
Day 6: Leading in Today’s Changing World
Day 7: Bridging Young Engineers’ Skill Gaps
By participating in this boot camp, you will learn how to successfully:
- Analyze your audience and how to best reach them.
- Create a specific plan to influence 3 key individuals in your sphere of influence.
- Assess your client’s vision of the technical product and what they consider acceptable service parameters.
- Identify appropriate techniques to address a project's priorities.
- Leverage specific techniques to move yourself successfully through each of the Stages of Change.
- Maximize the resolution of conflicts to realize potential benefits with Relevant Unique methods.
- Utilize the DiSC® profile for improving your interaction with individuals who have various communication styles.
- Employ specific actions to help your staff, co-workers, and even your boss move successfully through each stage of development.
- Build your leadership strength through simple repeatable steps.
- Identify best practices for communicating technical information when working remotely with products, equipment, and people.
- Train and equip young professionals with the skills they need to build a strong career as an engineer and overcome the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Who should attend?
This course is essential for engineers, project managers for engineering projects, and engineering managers of work teams. Whether you are a seasoned engineering professional, mid-career or new to the workforce, these 12 skills will strengthen your career and take you to the next level.
Course Materials (included in purchase of course)
- Digital course notes via ASME’s Learning Platform
- 12 robust, downloadable, engineering-specific case study job aides
12 Skills covered in this course include:
- Why is No One Listening?
- Overcoming Your Fear of Speaking Out & Speaking Up
- Wielding the Power of Your Influence
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Crushing Your Time Management
- How to Succeed in Times of Change
- Moving from Conflict to Cooperation
- Problem Solving Methodology for Today’s World
- How to Lead Others through times of Change
- Raising the Lid on your Leadership
- Leading Remote and Hybrid Teams
- Bridging Young Engineer’s Skill Gaps
This ASME Virtual Classroom course is held live with an instructor on our online learning platform. Certificate of completion will be issued to registrants who successfully attend and complete the course.
Buying for a team? Get ASME Corporate Training.
Set up a customized session of this course for your workforce. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about group rates.