ASME Auxiliary Loans
The ASME Auxiliary loan program offers a maximum loan amount of $10,000
These loans are interest free until graduation. they are granted at any time throughout the year to junior, senior or graduate students.
A recommendation is required by your engineering Department Head and we require two financially independent Guarantors as co-signers.
To be considered for a loan, a student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an ASME Member or Student Member in good standing. The borrower must remain an ASME member or Student Member for the duration of the loan repayment period.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Be enrolled in full-time academic studies in the United States and making satisfactory progress in his or her degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or a closely related program.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.20 on a 0 to 4.00 scale for Undergraduate Students and a 3.20 on a 0 to 4.00 scale for Graduate Students
- Have a demonstrated financial need.
Download the ASME Auxiliary Loan application (Word .doc format)
For more information about the ASME Auxiliary Group, visit the Community page.
Deadline: Applications are accepted all year.
For questions, email email@example.com