Need a helping hand?
Let the ASME Auxiliary keep the door open on your education and future.
College tuition, books, housing, meals and transportation to school contribute to the unruly costs of higher education.
Financial aid is an essential part of getting an education for most college students. As the cost for a college education continues to soar, let the ASME Auxiliary Loan program ease your financial burden.
The ASME Auxiliary offers a wonderful loan program with a maximum loan amount of $10,000.
These loans are interest free until graduation. They are granted at any time throughout the year to junior, senior or graduate students.
A recommendation is required by your engineering Department Head and we require two financially independent Guarantors as co-signers.
To be considered for a loan, a student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an ASME Member or Student Member in good standing.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled in full-time academic studies in the United States and making satisfactory progress in his or her degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or a closely related program.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.20 on a 0 to 4.00 scale for Undergraduate Students and a 3.20 on a 0 to 4.00 scale for Graduate Students
- Have a demonstrated financial need.
Deadline: Applications are accepted all year.
Download: ASME Auxiliary Loan application (Word .doc format)
For questions, email email@example.com
For more information about the ASME Auxiliary Group