The following items, along with the books "Crucial Conversations" (Patterson, et al) and “Building a Knowledge-Based Culture: Using 21st Century Work and Decision-Making Systems in Associations,” (Glenn H. Tecker, et al) are highly recommended reading for ASME'/s leaders:
- About ASME – Our core values, strategic directions, and overview of our structure.
- ASME Online Resources - A convenient summary of names and contact information for ASME staff for key information and resources.
- ASME Finances - ASME'/s funding sources, our new finance model, and roles of volunteer leaders in the financial planning process.
- Financial information is also available on the Program Funding Options page.
- Legal Issues of Volunteering with a Non-Profit
- 10 Dos and Don'/ts for Volunteers - quick reference of legal issues
- Parliamentary Procedure
- ASME Organizational Chart
- ASME Balanced Scorecard Strategy Map
Links to resources and additional information are provided below.
Career Development Series (under revision)-Educational tools to help engineers and mangers succeed in today'/s business/engineering world.
Fundamentals of Fundraising: A Primer for Volunteers
- Introduction to Fundraising
- Asking for Money
- Sample Fundraising Project
- Online Fundraising
- Special Events
- Recruiting Sponsorships
- Online Fundraising Resources
History of ASME
You can read a brief history of ASME.
ASME maintains an Ethics Center that highlights society activities in the area of engineering ethics. The Professional Practice Curriculum module on Engineering Ethics also provides an overview of the ASME Canons.
The Professional Practice Curriculum module Communication Skills provides general information and tools for developing effective communication skills.
Diversity as a Strategy
The Diversity Model PowerPoint presentation provides background on how ASME can effective manage diversity. In addition, the Professional Practice Curriculum module Workplace Diversity provides information on diversity issues.
Parliamentary Procedure Module
ASME Codes and Standards has developed an overview learning module on parliamentary procedure. The website of the National Association of Parliamentarians also provides basic "How To" information on key elements of parliamentary procedure.
Honors and Awards
List of Society Awards
Society Policy P-3.2 pertains to establishing awards (NOTE: There is currently a moratorium on establishing new awards). Information on Policy P-2.7 on fund-raising is also available.
Nominating Committee Responsibilities, Principles, Structure, and Operation
This and other valuable information on the Nominating Committee and its operation are contained in the Nominating Committee Manual.
The ASME Best Practices Web Site is now online!! Check out this case study approach to Section and Division Best Practices.
Senior Program Manager, Leadership Development & Recruitment
Three Park Ave
New York, NY 10016-5990
Telephone: (212) 591-7079
Fax: (212) 591-7671